JamieTux
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,821Gear list
Like?
Re: As of today, Sony has 7 FF cameras
In reply to TonyC5D, 7 months ago

TonyC5D wrote:

stevo23 wrote:

TonyC5D wrote:

Sadly still rather let down by the lens range.

If it makes you feel better, Nikon is a let down in lenses. They lack a solid mid range and make way too many high cost zooms of mediocre quality. Before I got the A7, I contemplated Canon because of the excellent mid range of lenses for under $1000 with stellar performance. (And some very high performing low cost lenses as well.) But alas, I couldn't get past the sensors being so behind Nikon's. Then the A7 came around and it has very few lenses, so I bought it. Go figure!

Why would that make me feel better :-D? I can't understand some of the attitudes here. All I am asking is for a native E mount lens, with OSS would be useful, longer than the 210mm offered at the moment! Then I get questions like what would I hope to gain over using an adapter and A lens. Well I guess size and OSS for a start! Anyone would think I was attacking someone's religion here.

Nothing religious, I asked that as I guessed that size was a reason for your thinking and I wanted to be helpful.  As I pointed out the length and front element size won't be any smaller than an adapter and an A mount lens if you're looking at long lenses

Apologies if you saw it as an attack.

However OSS and using the new AF systems are very valid points too

JamieTux's gear list:JamieTux's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH +12 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow