Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
TonyC5D
Senior MemberPosts: 2,147Gear list
Like?
Re: As of today, Sony has 7 FF cameras
In reply to stevo23, 4 months ago

stevo23 wrote:

TonyC5D wrote:

Sadly still rather let down by the lens range.

If it makes you feel better, Nikon is a let down in lenses. They lack a solid mid range and make way too many high cost zooms of mediocre quality. Before I got the A7, I contemplated Canon because of the excellent mid range of lenses for under $1000 with stellar performance. (And some very high performing low cost lenses as well.) But alas, I couldn't get past the sensors being so behind Nikon's. Then the A7 came around and it has very few lenses, so I bought it. Go figure!

Why would that make me feel better :-D? I can't understand some of the attitudes here. All I am asking is for a native E mount lens, with OSS would be useful, longer than the 210mm offered at the moment! Then I get questions like what would I hope to gain over using an adapter and A lens. Well I guess size and OSS for a start! Anyone would think I was attacking someone's religion here.

TonyC5D's gear list:TonyC5D's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-7 Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sony E 55-210mm F4.5-6.3 OSS Sigma 30mm F2.8 EX DN Sigma 19mm F2.8 EX DN +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow