Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Stephen McDonald
Forum ProPosts: 11,959
Like?
Photos of My Shoulder-mount for HX400V
6 months ago

The first two pictures show a Raynox 2.2X telextender on a KiwiFotos lens adaptor tube. The next one is of a Sony 1.7X DH1774 telex on the adaptor and the last two show the outer half of the lens adaptor removed and a hood added, mounted on a steadying-rod. This last configuration is what I mostly use, except for very long shots and when I shoot something important on video.

There's a Sony ECM-XYST1M stereo hotshoe mike on top and a metal adaptor block underneath to allow sturdier 3/8-inch bolts to be used for mounting, rather than the stock 1/4-inch size.

The KiwiFotos adaptors now available for the HX300, will not fit the HX400V, as it apparently has an outer lens housing that is about 1.5mm larger in diameter. I had to grind out an inner contour on this one, to make it fit.

Believe me, with 1,200mm of focal-length, going up to 2,640mm with the longest telex, these steadying rigs are essential, unless mobility and shooting flexibility is sacrificed by using a tripod. The video reach can be as much as 3,722mm, with Active Steadyshot.

Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX300 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX400V
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow