Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Tokend
New MemberPosts: 23
Like?
New X-S1: Lots of joy, with a dash of angst
8 months ago

I just got my $350 X-S1 from Amazon. I've been eying this lovely piece of equipment for some time, and, so far, it's living up to my lust. It's delightful to hold; it just feels right. And, that lovely manual zoom is a pleasure to use. I have taken only a few pictures so far, as I read the manual and learn the features.

Here's where the angst comes in: After watching many new purchasers receive their 33As, I was surprised to receive a 23A. The firmware is 1.01, and the box and all packaging appeared fresh and new.

I guess I'm looking either for reassurance, or whether I have reason to be dissatisfied while I'm still within Amazon's return window. It has been my understanding that all X-S1s with S/Ns 23A and higher have the new sensor, have corrected lens droop, and so on. If a 23A is every bit as good as a 33A, then I'm at peace and can't wait to put my new toy through some paces. If not, then I'd like to know.

So, my questions: Are there any differences in hardware, functions, or features between a 23A and a 33A?  Does a 33A offer anything "better" than a 23A?

Thanks for listening to my insecure ramblings. 

Fujifilm X-S1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow