Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
SaltLakeGuy
Forum ProPosts: 10,666Gear list
Like?
OK So Lightroom is NOT quite there yet
8 months ago

I decided to take some shots again tonight near sunset to evaluate what has been referred to as the "smearing" that Lightroom tends to do. I wasn't real convinced but had not taken the same RAW file from my X-T1 yet and rendered it in both the new Lightroom 5.4 against the PhotoNinja's latest for the Fuji X-Trans sensor. Now let me just list a disclaimer. I processed both individually as best as I felt was reasonable. The crops are not perfect but still provide plenty of common area in which you can easily see trees rendered as mush vs. considerably better detail from PhotoNinja's output. Not only in the evergreens but astoundingly in the lower portions of the mountain where it is rendered by Lightroom as just solid mush where there is a ton of fine detail rendered by PhotoNinja. So I guess I'll stick with PN for most of my processing at this time. It's sas as the workflow is much more comprehensive and fast with LR but I'm far more interested in the final results. For those several folks that seem to love to just jump all over my listings please refrain. Just take this for what it is. Yet another fast attempt to look at some results from 2 different methods of rendering for a Fuji Raw file. It is by NO means highly scientific. Just another of the many attempts. I do think it does render some interesting results however. You will of course NEED to look at the larger image to see what I'm talking about.

First the Lightroom results

And now the PhotoNinja results

-- hide signature --

Fuji X-T1 Camera, Fuji 18-55 f2.8-f4 Lens, Fuji 55-200 f4-f5.6 Lens, Fuji 23mm f1.4 Lens, Fuji 56mm f1.2R Lens, waiting for the Fuji mount Nissin i40 Flash, Picturecode PhotoNinja, Adobe Lightroom 5.4

SaltLakeGuy's gear list:SaltLakeGuy's gear list
Epson Stylus Pro 3880
Fujifilm X-T1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow