A fast Sigma? (file write times / camera models / settings)

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
MarkWW
Contributing MemberPosts: 616
Like?
A fast Sigma? (file write times / camera models / settings)
8 months ago

Brought the DP3m into work today & the girl I have doing my catalog photography fell in love with it. I can probably upgrade my normal kit (old Nikon with a zoom lens) - I think the zoom lens we use is sort on its last legs (feels out of alignment), but the Sigma just LOVES textiles.

But file write times are an issue - we need to be able to record file names to attach them to products. We can shoot upwards of a hundred products a day, each one with front/side/back views etc.

I found that if I have it shoot in JPG mode in 'low' resolution file write times go down to 7 seconds. Which is not bad & low resolution JPGs are plenty for the intended use (going up on a website where the zoomed in view is only around 1000 to 1600 pixels anyway).

So - is there a SLR body (zoom lens) Sigma that has decent file write times in any mode? A DPx series is... doable but on an all day shoot you don't want to have to physically move in or out zoom, but we can make it work (shoot all tops, then all bottoms, then all dresses etc.).

Doing it on the cheap would be good (e.g. I don't care if it's a few generations old) because I have to convince the owner of the company that it's worth the expenditure.

Sigma DP3 Merrill
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow