A7R with Samyang 14mm f/2.8 Samples

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
Chrisd999
Contributing MemberPosts: 601Gear list
Like?
Re: A7R with Samyang 14mm f/2.8 Samples
In reply to departingYYZ, 3 months ago

departingYYZ wrote:

I see you're from Toronto. Did you order the 14mm Samyang from B & H? How was your experience with cross-border shipping etc.?
I'm interested in picking up one of these, probably from B & H as I don't think Henry's even carries an E-mount version, forgetting about it's higher price even with the US dollar conversion. I've never ordered from B&H though (I live in Toronto too) so I'm not exactly sure what to expect.
Love the colours in your photos by the way.
Thanks

Yes, I got it from B&H. I've received about 8 or 9 orders from B&H over the past 2-3 years. Ordering for Canadian delivery from them is very slick. Choose the option for them to take care of taxes and duties. There are no duties anyway. Never one issue so far. 10 out of 10. Every order arrived in 2-3 business days. I've never had to return anything yet either, so I can't tell you about that process is like yet. I usually order cheap Samyang lenses, filters, and other accessories, which are a lot less there than here. If it's expensive camera bodies and lenses, I would prefer to buy locally as there is no price difference on the high end gear.

Be careful, Mel Snyder has a couple of recent threads in here where is has been going through a batch of bad Samyang/Rokinon 14mm lenses from B&H. Mine was the e-mount, not sure what his was though.

Chrisd999's gear list:Chrisd999's gear list
Sony Alpha 7R Canon TS-E 17mm f/4L Canon TS-E 24mm f/3.5L II Samyang 85mm F1.4 Aspherical IF Sony FE 28-70mm F3.5-5.6 OSS +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow