>>>Monday Macro/Closeup April 7 - 13, 2014<<<

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
Ric Cheng
Regular MemberPosts: 212
Like?
Re: Australian Butterflies with the FZ200 and Canon 500d close-up lens.
In reply to Rodger1943, 8 months ago

Rodger1943 wrote:

Here are three butterflies that I took at the zoo using my Panasonic FZ200 fitted with the Canon 500d Close-up lens. The lens was attached to the end of an extension tube that I normally use for my teleconverter. In the past I have usually just attached the close-up lens to the end of the zoom lens, but I think it works a little better when it stays in one spot, rather than moving in and out with the zoom. More experimentation in probably justified. All shots were hand held. A tripod would have been handy, but there were a lot of people in the butterfly enclosure and it would have been almost impossible to set one up without incurring the wrath of all the other people. Its school holidays here and there were lots of small children and prams to contend with the entire time I was in there.

-- hide signature --

Panasonic FZ200

Great photo with Panasonic FZ200 and  Canon 500D. Any special technique ?

I have Raynox 150, I also want to take macro photo of butterfly, bee ... But, I cannot.

Without Raynox 150, I can standing far away from the insects and my Panasonic FZ200 can focus on the insects. However, it is not macro photo. I have to crop the photo afterwards and the crop photo is not very sharp.

With Raynox 150, my Panasonic FZ200 cannot focus on the butterfly until I come very close.  (the distance between the lens and the butterful is about 19cm to 22cm) Problem is when I come closer and closer quietly ... butterfly, bee ... fly away ... no chance to focus and take photo ... Dragonfly is good. Dragon fly allows me to come very near and take photo.

Rodger1943, do you have any special technique to take butterfly photo with your Panasonic FZ200 and Canon 500D ?

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
YukiNew
carizi MOD
carizi MOD
carizi MOD
carizi MOD
carizi MOD
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow