Help! - K-5 entering its Blue Period ( intermittently photos == cyan )

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
BobORama
Senior MemberPosts: 1,615Gear list
Like?
Help! - K-5 entering its Blue Period ( intermittently photos == cyan )
3 months ago

Hi,

I did a series of shots today with a Sigma 10mm / 2.8 - which I acquired recently. The camera was powered off / on a few times during the session, so the issue persisted between them.

I did a time lapse last night with the lens, and got ~5000 shots out of it all were properly exposed ( though I hosed up the focus, so its garbage. )

On checking the images, Green looks proper, Red and Blue look way off, curve wise. And it varies from shot to shot within the same bracket some times, so I could not have changed the settings.

Is there some way in which the lens is causing this bad behaviour?

Based on what I know about the readout of the image data, there is not a mechanism by which only the red or blue components would be miss-read - as its all the same circuitry, and the problem covers the whole sensor, which discounts one of the DAC's or amps failing. Its almost as if WB is horribly messed up. I don't have RAW for these... so I cannot see if the issue is sensor or in WB.

Take a look here: http://bob-o-rama.smugmug.com/K5-Cyan-Problem/

I appreciate your thoughts.

BobORama's gear list:BobORama's gear list
Pentax K-5 Sigma 10mm F2.8 EX DC HSM Diagonal Fisheye Pentax smc DA 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 AL WR +8 more
Pentax K-5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow