Too Afraid, to Enter the Photography Arena!!

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Photofunster
Senior MemberPosts: 1,548Gear list
Like?
Too Afraid, to Enter the Photography Arena!!
3 months ago

There seems to be a lot of paranoid, over protective photographers wandering about, in fear of being robbed or violently threatened. Why is this negative attitude so prevalent? Are you all living in dangerous cities and neighbourhoods, that you can't go out and take pictures, without having to look over your shoulder, frequently?

I get this from those of you looking to try buying unassuming camera bags and back packs. Blend into the city.

Perhaps it's time that some of you took a proactive stance, either with some basic/barbaric boxing lessons, or to a full on MMA training, just to give you a little boost towards better self confidence and also learn to walk with a purpose. Try to look like you are somebody of importance, not a victim, or a crime statistic.

I know you fear the unknown, but think positively instead of negatively, let's all be strong, walk with confidence.

Travel in pairs or groups too, will help to prevent undo happenings from ever occurring. Stay in the light.

Please go out, & enjoy your camera gear to the very fullest, don't let anyone push you around or threaten you!!

Chas

-- hide signature --

D800, AF-S NIKKOR 80-400mm f/4.5-5.6 G ED VR, B+W Clear MRC 77mm, AF-S NIKKOR 24-120mm f/4G ED VR, Sigma DG UV 77mm,
SB-910, WG-AS3, ME-1, Lexar Professional 600x 64GB SDXC UHS-I 90MB/s*, 400x 32GB SDHC UHS-l 60MB/s*
Vanguard ALTA PRO 263AT, GH-300T, SBH-250, SBH-100, PH-22,
Lowepro S&F Deluxe Technical Belt and Harness~Pouch 60 AW 50 AW & 10, S&F Toploader 70 AW, LC 11x26cm
FE, NIKKOR 2-20mm f/1.8, OPTEX UV 52mm, Viivitar Zoom 285,
Kodacolor VR 1000 CF 135-24 EXP DX 35mm, rePLAY XD 1080P

Photofunster's gear list:Photofunster's gear list
Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-120mm f/4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 80-400mm f/4.5-5.6G ED VR Apple iPad 3G +WiFi +2 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow