Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
JPEG Shooter
Regular MemberPosts: 491Gear list
Like?
I Bought an X-S1
4 months ago

I've had the HS50 for 3 months now. For the most part, I've been pretty happy with it but have always wondered about the the camera I didn't choose... the X-S1. So when I saw the Amazon deal to get $100 off by applying for their awards card, I just couldn't pass it up. $250 was too tempting to resist.

After the terrible time I had getting my HS50 (it took 3 to get a "good" one), I'm happy to report that things are going very well this time around.

I just unboxed it. It's a 33 serial number. Everything is pristine. The flaps on the box were stiff, clearly indicating (to me) that the box had never been opened. It does not appear to be Grey Market even though there was no USA slip of paper in the box like there was with my 3rd and final, non Grey Market HS50. Everything in the box was in its own little bag sealed with yellow tape. Except the battery charger cord... it was not in a bag, just secured with a twist-tie. The bag that the camera was in was sealed with the Fuji tape. I am convinced that this camera is truly brand new.

The zoom is firm and there seems to be no lens droop at all. I will take pics of it later, but the extended lens is every bit as rock solid as the lens on my HS50. Not sure if it will loosen up and droop after using it for a while... time will tell.

The battery is charging and tomorrow I will take it out for a test run. Having heard of mixed experiences with the sharpness across the entire field of view with this camera, I am hoping that my good luck with it continues and that the glass is good and the images are sharp.

-- hide signature --

JPEG Shooter
view my galleries at http://www.pbase.com/fotogrfr

JPEG Shooter's gear list:JPEG Shooter's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ20 Fujifilm X-S1 Fujifilm FinePix HS50 EXR Sony Alpha DSLR-A550 Sony SLT-A57 +2 more
Fujifilm X-S1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow