Had fun shooting a concert with my D800...

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
greatscott94
Regular MemberPosts: 213Gear list
Like?
Re: Had fun shooting a concert with my D800...
In reply to Hugo First, 3 months ago

Hugo First wrote:

nice work, but it also appears that the venue has an excellent lighting system, which makes AF more accurate and allows you to shoot at reasonable shutters without pushing the ISO too high. you were able to control the noise really well, and get nice, sharp exposures. i'd take a D800 over a D4/Df any day when shooting a show, if the light is there... so much more detail to work with. how big a venue was this, and how many in the audience? have you done much of this kind of work before?

thanks for posting!

Thanks Hugo,

The venue was actually quite small, it could maybe fit 200 people. Sadly for this band there were a whopping 0 people on the dance floor, worked out great for me as it gave me free reign to move about but could feel great for the band.

I don't shoot bands live very often at all... this was only my 4th and 2nd (I photographed 2 that night but I count it as one event) at an indoor venue.

Cheers

greatscott94's gear list:greatscott94's gear list
Nikon D7000 Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow