ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
tdaubee
Forum MemberPosts: 53Gear list
Like?
Insurance, Peace of Mind for Equipment
3 months ago

Hello All ---

So I wanted to ask a few questions about protecting your equipment. My interest was sparked by a challenge "Take your camera everywhere..." something or other.

I've been thinking lately that I would really like to bring my camera with me when I am in the car, or going anywhere in general... You never know when a good photo opportunity might exist, right? And.. what's the point of having it if your not using it...

So, I sit here and hesitate... I am frightened to bring my camera out and about when I don't have something in mind to photograph because it's a lot of money in that camera bag... I know my home insurance would cover if something happened to it in the home, but what if its in my car or if I was using it somewhere else? I've heard of theft in so many different instances or damage somehow.

How do you give yourself a peace of mind that it's OKAY to bring your expensive photo equip. to different places? It just makes me a little nervous, does anyone have extended insurance?

tdaubee's gear list:tdaubee's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 50mm f/2.5 Macro Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM Adobe Photoshop CS6
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow