Disapointed in my Df.

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
Felts
Regular MemberPosts: 421Gear list
Like?
Re: Neither helps a camera w cleaner high ISO but that can't focus in low light ;-)
In reply to antoineb, 8 months ago

antoineb wrote:

(2) your argument can easily be reversed. Of course a GX7 is a bit noisier than a D800 - and it had better be, considering that this is a much smaller much lighter much cheaper camera, with a sensor with half the area! So you're saying "what's the use of a GX7 focusing down to -4EV if the files are going to be terrible?" To which one could just as easily counter, "what's the use of a camera with great low-light files, if it can't focus in low light levels?"

Thing is... I don't have and have never had a problem in the slightest with the AF on my Df. So for me and the way I shoot, I get the cleanest high ISO files on the planet (which is of upmost importance to my work). 90% of the time I'm shooting in near-enough complete darkness!

So to state "it can't focus in low light levels" is a total nonsense.

If one wants to shoot sports with the D4 sensor, then it might make more sense to use a D4.

If Nikon had included the D4 AF module in the Df, sales of the already niche D4/S would surely grind to a halt... (I realise there are other differences but not x2 priceĀ  )

-- hide signature --
 Felts's gear list:Felts's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Nikon Df Nikon AF Nikkor 135mm f/2D DC Sigma 50mm F1.4 EX DG HSM Samyang 14mm F2.8 IF ED MC Aspherical +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow