Disapointed in my Df.

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Felts
Regular MemberPosts: 289Gear list
Like?
Re: I hate to change cameras often - but yes why should the AF on the GX7 be so sensitive?
In reply to mathi_vadhanan, 3 months ago

mathi_vadhanan wrote:

Felts wrote:

It's no good having AF that shoots in the dark if the files that come out of the camera are as noisy as a dance music festival.

Having moved from mirrorless (X-Pro1) I am constantly amazed that people complain about the AF in the Df (and the D800, and the D...)

But a noisy picture is better than no picture at all

For you this may be true. For me, the reason I moved from the X-Pro1 to the Df was that the gallery that sells my work said that the images with the XP1 were too noisy at 6400 to print cleanly.

So a noisy picture is no good to me at all! 

If you re-read my post you will also note that it is implied that I am very happy with the AF performance of the Df. It never fails for my photography in near total darkness... but then I'm not shooting sports.

It's the age old saying, Horses for Courses... you pick your equipment for the task. In the case of the OP, if he needs the best sports perfomance the D4 is the right tool for his job...

-- hide signature --
 Felts's gear list:Felts's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Nikon Df
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow