Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
coronawithlime
Senior MemberPosts: 1,951Gear list
Like?
Nikon Camera Control Pro 2 and D800e
4 months ago

I'm experimenting with using Camera Control Pro 2 in conjunction with the D800's for an ACTUAL, REAL, CASH MONEY PAID JOB   I don't expect to do much better than make enough to pay for the necessary additional bits of equipment, but what the hell

Anyway, I got the thing installed and it seems to work as expected on my MAC.  I don't much use NikonView, but it's installed also and seems to interface properly, as does Adobe Bridge.  Mostly, all I need is something to allow clients to view the images as they are made in real time.

Which brings me to the actual question:

1)     I was wondering if Nikon Capture was useful other than as an editing application when installed with Camera Control.

2)     Before I get the actual paid version instead of the free trial, can someone suggest a superior application for allowing bystanders to observe the captured images as they are created, including the option of using Camera Control and viewing in some other application than those mentioned?  Wired application is fine, I don't want to invest in wireless unless this current deal pans out.

Since I don't have the slightest idea what I'm doing here, if I'm not asking the right questions somebody please help me out.

-- hide signature --

http://www.nightstreets.com
-
"Sick cultures show a complex of symptoms such as you have named...but a dying culture invariable exhibits personal rudeness. Bad manners. Lack of consideration for others in minor matters. A loss of politeness, of gentle manners is more significant than a riot."
This symptom is especially serious in that an individual displaying it never thinks of it as a sign of ill health but as proof of his/her strength. ...Friday, it is too late to save this culture--this worldwide culture... Therefore we must now prepare the monasteries for the coming Dark Age. Electronic records are too fragile..."
--Robert A. Heinlein in "Friday"

Nikon D800 Nikon D800E
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow