Sydney, Oz. Olympus + Digidirect night shoot report.

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Guy Parsons
Forum ProPosts: 19,472Gear list
Like?
Sydney, Oz. Olympus + Digidirect night shoot report.
8 months ago

Just a quick note before I hit the pillow.

Nice evening shoot with two Olympus people (head of training and also rep handling the Digidirect store) picnic table covered in cameras, lots of E-M10 to play with, all the lenses rattling about to also try.

I had some questions for them that interested me.

Q1. What is happening with E-PL5, some stores in Australia list some kits as "discontinued".

A1. They are rationalising the range in Australia, just black and silver E-PL5 in future, nothing new on horizon, just more E-PL5 arriving.

Q2. Warranty on grey imports into Australia?

A2. None. They were stung early on repairing grey products and Japan would not reimburse Australia for the repair and parts, so they won't cover grey imports in Australia any more. All countries are different and you need to check with your local Olympus office.

Q3. Cleaning sensors?

A3. Don't do it. Wet clean never ever as it takes an anti-static coating off the supersonic shaker and it is less effective from then on. Unofficially the situation is rocket blower only and if dust doesn't shift then contact Olympus. They usually do it for free while you wait (in Australia at least).

I'll add some shots tomorrow morning my time, too late now (10:30pm) for this little old Guy to play now.

Regards........ Guy

Guy Parsons's gear list:Guy Parsons's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PL5 Olympus PEN E-P5 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 45-150mm F4-5.6 ASPH Mega OIS Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX3 +17 more
Olympus OM-D E-M10 Olympus PEN E-PL5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow