Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Spad16
Contributing MemberPosts: 861Gear list
Like?
Bought another 6D
5 months ago

We had our 6D stolen recently in Namibia, so I just went out and bought a new one. I’ve talked so much about how good it is here on dpreview that I felt I had to buy the same! In truth there  was little choice, I can’t afford a 5D3, I can’t wait for a 6D2, and the 70D doesn’t attract me any longer now I’m hooked on full-frame. In a lot of ways a crop camera would suit my photography style better.  I do birding, aviation and anything that moves, as well as more  general stuff, but I’ve found the low light performance and magnificent centre-point make up for the crop-factor,  I can take photos earlier and later in the day, and that’s worth more to me.

It was cheaper this time, since I got it with the 24-70/f4 which we bought separately last time. The 24-70/f4 has been a great success,  we took both the 100 macro and 17-40L to Namibia, but in the end rarely used them,  my wife kept the 24-70 firmly on her camera the whole time. The few times she let me use it, I was blown away by how well it suits the 6D, it was a good lens on her 500D, but it’s a marriage made in heaven with the 6D.

It’s a bit boring to get the same camera and lens, but at least un-boxing will be fun.  I hope it performs as well as the old one.

/Neil

Spad16's gear list:Spad16's gear list
Canon EOS 6D Canon EF 400mm f/5.6L USM Canon EF 17-40mm f/4.0L USM Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM Canon EF 24-70mm f/4L IS USM
Canon EOS 500D (EOS Rebel T1i / EOS Kiss X3) Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EOS 6D Canon EOS 70D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow