I have a wonderfully stupid question... about hats.

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Ph0t0guy
New MemberPosts: 8Gear list
Like?
I have a wonderfully stupid question... about hats.
6 months ago

So this is a weird, rare magical moment where I have a spare minute to waste. These come around once in a blue moon as a full time photog, so here I am making new threads on dpreview. Here's the question: why is a hat like this considered the stereotypical photographer's hat? I mean seriously, could anything be more impractical?

I've never been one to care about dress code whatsoever, being that guy who wears shorts and a tee shirt whenever I can get away with it, but the other day I was at a baseball game and I saw this photographer shooting with one of these. The wind or something managed to get this thing in the way every time his eye went to the viewfinder. It was truly comical to watch. I can only imagine if he had a speedlight mounted on there... I just got such a kick out of this and thought I had to share.

If anyone can speak out in defense of these things... would love to hear about the practicality of them. Otherwise thanks for letting me wast a few minutes of your time!

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow