Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
davidli
New MemberPosts: 24
Like?
Canon s100 image black spots
8 months ago

My s100 has only been bought for one and half year. Now it gets a black line at the top of most pictures. The problem worsens when zooming in and using small apertures. Singapore canon service centre told me that the whole lens unit has to been replaced for about half the price of the camera. What a disappointment. The canon staff told me that most of the new compact cameras are designed with the sensor attached to the lens as one unit. How's that in your countries? Could you get rid of some black spots on the lens (inside the lens unit) or on the sensor of a compact camera with lower cost? Which brand and which model?

I am thinking of buying olympus TG-2 iHS or canon M to replace the s100. However they are bulky. What I particularly like about s100 is its compact size and good low light performance. Any comments?

Kodak Pixpro S-1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow