Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
happy grl
New MemberPosts: 18
Like?
Not sure what to upgrade to
5 months ago

I'm looking for a smaller setup than my Pentax K7 and am considering getting M43.

I've read a bunch of reviews and my head is ready to explode. My budget is around $1000ish AUD (or less) and I'll want it primarily for taking photos of my kids.  I'm happy to get a grey import if the price is right.

I like the sounds of the OM-D E-M10 or the Olympus OM-D E-M5, the Pen E-P5 has also been suggested, or even the Panasonic LUMIX DMC-GM1.

I like a viewfinder, although it's not a dealbreaker for me and I do like the idea of weather sealing although if I'm going to go out in rough weather specifically to take shots I'd probably take the K7 and a weather sealed lens anyway.

And (at least to begin with) I'll need something that takes decent shots with the stock lens(es), as I doubt the budget will stretch to an extra at this stage.

I suspect that I'll probably end up using the new camera a lot more than the old one, and further suspect that I'll get some pressure from the husband to sell the Pentax gear if it's not getting used, so I want something that could stand to be my main unit.

Olympus E-M1 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus PEN E-P5 Pentax K-7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow