Re: Adobe Lightroom support for Fuji lenses
In reply to Herbieo, 8 months ago

Herbieo wrote:

Brian Caslis wrote:

Herbieo wrote:

Herbieo wrote:

-- hide signature --

QUOTE ----------
Fuji lens correction information is embedded in the RAW files by the newer Fuji cameras. I believe that LR now automatically applies these corrections when it develops the file.

Only if you select the tick boxes for lens correction and abberation correction in my experience.

No. You don't need to check the box for lens correction. This is exactly what you don't want to do, there are no lens profiles to select.

That's interesting because while processing some photos at the weekend the CA was not managed well until I selected the check-box for correction.

CA yes can be managed by the checkbox but not distortion correction. That's what the lens profile checkbox does if it's not automatically done.

That makes more sense to me now, I'm on a night shift and don't have LR in front of me so can't remember the different checkboxes but I know I wasn't applying specific lens profile corrections which is the second sub-tab, just the CA correction if I remember rightly. I'll check in the morning.

I appreciate all the responses.  The problem I have is that the discussion about "automatically" applying the lens profiles seems to be different for Fuji than for other cameras.  I don't know which is correct, but it seems that even for cameras with only one lens possibility (for example - Sony RX100) LR still explicitly shows the lens profile choice in the dialog box.

-- hide signature --

Jay

Tunkel's gear list:Tunkel's gear list
Nikon D200 Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 10-24mm F4 R OIS Fujifilm XF 56mm F1.2 R +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow