Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
swestphotos
Regular MemberPosts: 145Gear list
Like?
Live view on D600 worthless?
8 months ago

Okay, I have the Nikon D600 and I absolutely hate the live view. I was totally spoiled with the Canon cameras having the T3 models and 7D, switch to Nikon for the dynamic range and noise performance (yes it's better than Canon)... drawbacks live view royally sucks. I went from exposing the way I want and composing in live view to viewfinder only and getting annoyed with exposures and wasting shutter clicks. Yeah, I've bought a light meter, and after some time I am better at GUESSING but I don't like to guess.

Let's face it... the live view sucks on the D600. It's worthless, I use it for video and I'm not impressed that I have to switch from video mode, out of video change shutter flip back to mode... all the loud clunking around on the camera isn't fun. The zoomed in refresh rate is even more frustrating.

Just curious if this is the case on the D800 and d7100 and d5300 and anything else coming out with Nikon... cause if it is, I may just go back to Canon. Pretty frustrating for me. It's that important to me.

Focus points are the other issue, before I was able to focus in just about the whole frame. Not I have only the middle of the frame... You've probably heard this all before but my question is...

Does this happen on the other nikon cameras?

swestphotos's gear list:swestphotos's gear list
Nikon D600 Sony a6000 Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 105mm f/2.8G IF-ED VR Sony E 16mm F2.8 Pancake Sony E 50mm F1.8 OSS +2 more
Canon EOS 1200D (EOS Rebel T5 / EOS Kiss X70) Canon EOS 7D Nikon D5300 Nikon D600 Nikon D7100 Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow