Is the PZ annoying to use? (specifically the 18-105 f/4)

Started 7 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Keith Hanlan
Regular MemberPosts: 261Gear list
Like?
Is the PZ annoying to use? (specifically the 18-105 f/4)
7 months ago

I currently use an A580 and my walk-around lens is the Sigma 17-70 f/2.8-4.0 OS. I have boatloads of other glass including full frame 70-200 f/2.8, UWA zoom, and a variety of primes.

I am considering purchasing the A6000 as I am attracted to its compact format. I would either need to purchase the LEA4 adaptor or purchase new lenses. I suspect that I would keep both bodies and use only the A6000 when travelling "light".

So we come to the PZ 18-105 f/4 lens which seems to provide pretty good value. However, I'm somewhat disconcerted by the idea of a power-zoom. Does this mean that I can not zoom it manually? I imagine that would be very annoying. Or am I mistaken? Also, it sounds like an unnecessary power drain and something else that can fail.

Can somebody who has used this lens please answer my question regarding manual zoom?

Thank you,
Keith

Keith Hanlan's gear list:Keith Hanlan's gear list
Konica Minolta Maxxum 7D Sony Alpha DSLR-A580 Tamron SP AF 10-24mm F/3.5-4.5 Di II LD Aspherical (IF) Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Di Macro Sigma 70-200mm F2.8 EX DG OS HSM +8 more
ANSWER:
Sony a6000 Sony Alpha DSLR-A580 Sony E PZ 18-105mm F4 G OSS
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow