ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Sener
Regular MemberPosts: 139Gear list
Like?
5Dc for Manual Lenses?
3 months ago

Hello,

Here in my town I can find used 5Dc's here for around $400-450. I am mainly a Nikon shooter, but sometimes I come across certain manual lenses (mainly f/1.2 lenses around 50mm FL) which I'd like to try. But as already known, many manual lenses impossible to use properly on Nikon bodies. I don't like NEX or m43 system for manual focusing either, and I'd like to try these optics on a FF sensor. The A7(r) are no-go either, they didn't convince me enough to downsize my D700 yet.

So I thought a 5Dc with its low price might give me the opportunity. I know it's very old tech but I intend to try it just for kicks. What I wonder is... how's the viewfinder for manual focusing? Is it sufficient? Can it be enlarged, or replaced with a better focusing screen?

And how is the image quality? Will it do well with vintage lenses? Since it's a FF sensor and has low pixel density, I think it should do well but... many a year have passed

And also, any chronic issues I need to be aware of when buying it?

Any information and recommendations are appreciated. Thank you

Canon EOS 5D Nikon D700 Sony Alpha 7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow