What are Zeiss manual lenses? Looks like they're coming for FE mount

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
JamieTux
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,772Gear list
Like?
Re: OK
In reply to EinsteinsGhost, 4 months ago

EinsteinsGhost wrote:

I think the argument is primarily based on differentiation between a mirrorless mount approach (ZM for Leica M) vs SLR mount approach (ZA for Sony A, ZE for Canon EF, ZF for Nikon F and ZK for Pentax). For ZA E-mount, logical route would entail ZM lenses so they take advantage of mirrorless approach.

I'm not disagreeing with that  The design goals of the new manual lenses are very similar to the apparent design goals of ZM.
But to state that Touit are ZM with an adapter/wrapper is very misleading - and in fact I would say that if anything that differentation shows that Zeiss are probably working on a new lens line as opposed to an update to an older one.  I wouldn't be surprised if they are working on a similar approach to the one that they took with the ZE, ZF and ZK approach with the same optical formula shared across many mounts.  They could use the FF ones on Sony e-mount, the fuji (X?) mount, m43 and potentially any new Canon or Nikon mount when they get around to joining in the party
Back to the point here, you and I had a bit of an argument over semantics - but here Henry appears to be stating his opinions as facts and actually titled his post Nonsense which is what caused me to respond.

JamieTux's gear list:JamieTux's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH +12 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
ZMNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow