Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
SteveNunez
Contributing MemberPosts: 504
Like?
Why the low stock? XT-1
3 months ago

Hey guys, I normally don't post questions such as these but the curiosity is intense.......why do you suppose camera manufacturers produce low camera units when response is so high creating a high demand? Is it the manufacturer underestimated the "interest" and thus produced low inventory as to not overproduce or are there other factors?

I remember when the GH3 came out- so many people wanted one and had to wait months for the bodies to become readily available- I'm sure some potential buyers went and purchased other systems as a result of the wait.

I know it must be a delicate balancing act of production versus demand, but I can't help think Fuji and others lose customers when bodies are in short supply.

I myself am torn between the Sony A7 and the Fuji XT-1..........I have my eyes on the Fuji because of the ergonomics as I truly like the camera design.....as for the image quality I hear great things about the XT-1 but not having the body in stock may lead to the Sony purchase as I'm willing to wait but so long.

My guess is that others are in the same boat~

Why produce such low numbers of a well received product?

Almost a rhetorical question~

-- hide signature --

Steve Nunez~South Florida Artist
www.stevenunez.com
Oly EM5-OMD, Panasonic GH-3, G2, GF3, G5
Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera

Panasonic Lumix DMC-G2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3 Sony Alpha 7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow