Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
totleytom
Regular MemberPosts: 259
Like?
First shots with my new 100D (SL1)
3 months ago

I bought a 100D a couple of weeks ago. It's going to be my travel camera; I wanted something small and light that I can pack onto a carry-on flight bag for short weekends in Europe. I had looked long and hard at mirrorless cameras, but none of them felt right. Well, one did - the Olympus OM-D M1, but that's not light and costs serious money! I found the -M5 and -M10 just too small and fiddly, and the same with the Panasonic Lumix cameras. I didn't look much at the Fuji X series - good cameras I'm sure, but (again) not light and quite expensive. So I bought the 100D + 18-55 STM for travel. I already have a 60D so I'm familiar with Canon DSLRs, and I found that the 100D was actually quite similar, just smaller.

I've just come back from my first trip with it - just under 48 hours in Rome. Here are some shots from my first afternoon, all from around St Peter's Square and in St Peter's. They're JPGs straight out of the camera. The only adjustment is that I increase the default sharpening.

Canon EOS 100D (EOS Rebel SL1) Canon EOS 60D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow