Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
zackiedawg
Forum ProPosts: 21,676Gear list
Like?
My last RX10 bird photos for a while!
6 months ago

I thought I'd share my last batch of birding photos I took with the RX10 a few weeks ago, that I finally got around to downloading.  These are going to be my last shots from the RX10 for a little while - as I mentioned previously, I agreed to sell the camera to my stepfather who really needed an all-in-one travel cam with a little more reach than his NEX3, and he really liked the RX10.  I'm fortunate that much of my family live in the same town, so I can still access the camera, and he agreed that when he's not traveling he doesn't mind if I 'borrow' the camera for the occasional shoots around town.  But he's leaving on a 45-day trip out of country next week, and after coming back for a few weeks, will be off on a 14 day cruise...so I've cleared the memory cards, changed the settings back to his, and turned over the camera officially.  Next time I'll probably get to borrow it will be late summer...so here's my last batch of birds!:

A lovely green heron walking through the marshy shallows, and leaves

A shiny grackle sitting on the rail

Two grackles doing a mating dance/call ritual

A lovely wee little palm warbler sitting on the rail watching me

A baby great blue heron, getting bigger and standing up in the nest waiting for mom to return with some food...his brother is nestled down in the nest

Momma heron having a rest while standing guard over baby heron

Tricolor heron staked out a spot for a nest, and was just starting to build

Comments, questions, critique always welcomed.  All shots were cropped a little - the final originals were typically between 3500 and 4200 pixels on the longest end...so even after some cropping, still plenty of res left to print with.  Certainly a nice perk of the 20MP sensor, which combined with the very nice lens retains excellent detail for cropping.

It's been fun shooting with the RX10, and I'll look forward to borrowing it again in the future to play with!

-- hide signature --

Justin
galleries: www.pbase.com/zackiedawg

zackiedawg's gear list:zackiedawg's gear list
Sony Alpha DSLR-A580 Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony a6000 Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sony E 16mm F2.8 Pancake +24 more
Sony Alpha NEX-3 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow