Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
XeroJay
Contributing MemberPosts: 937Gear list
Like?
Sigma: the new L?
3 months ago

I'm sure that I'm not alone in thinking this, but sigma has really been changing the game lately. After picking up the 35mm 1.4 and declaring it superior to all of my Canon glass, I found myself waiting to see if it's a one time hit, or if sigma will continue the trend of making optically superior glass for relatively modest prices. Recent reports of the new sigma 50mm seem beyond promising, and I recently caught myself making a bold statement that I never thought I'd hear myself say;

I hope sigma comes out with an 85mm f1.4A, so I can replace my Canon 85L with it...

I also found myself hoping that the rumoured sigma 24-70 f2.0 would become a reality, as I would replace my Canon 24-70 II with it...

For me, this all signifies that inspite of Canon really upping their L lens quality over the last fee years, I find myself seeing Sigma as an actual upgrade over the best that Canon has to offer... A new elite level of lenses.

Are the others here who feel the same, and if so, what lenses would you like to see Sigma come out with next?

XeroJay's gear list:XeroJay's gear list
Canon EOS-1D X Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EOS M Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF 85mm f/1.2L II USM +7 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Eh?New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow