Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
MJF31
New MemberPosts: 21
Like?
Re: depends on the definition of 'fail'
In reply to forpetessake, 5 months ago

forpetessake wrote:

alkaabi wrote:

wrong move sony? we are waiting for something meaningful; like medium format in the size of A7.

It will only fail if it turns out to be short of the projected sales. The camera has a limited appeal, no doubt, and Sony knows that so their projections are probably quite modest.

If we look at the A7s as part of the A7 lineup (that is to say, as using mostly A7 tech with slight variations) it's a win for Sony, regardless of high sale volume.  I'd venture a guess that the internals of the camera are not that different, hence the A7S is just another way to recoup the R&D and initial investments which went into building the A7 line in the first place.  Some may say it's a stupid move, but it's really just a way of grabbing a larger user base, and hence, a pretty smart move if you ask me.

Additionally, it's pretty clear that this is a niche camera, so I don't really get the people around here who are complaining that it doesn't fit their needs.  There's no such thing as a perfect camera.  Buy the one which is best for your needs and spend more time taking photos, less time complaining.  Just my take on it.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow