Auto ISO in Manual Mode. OLY m43 system

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
GeorgianBay1939
Senior MemberPosts: 2,495Gear list
Like?
Re: Why no Ev compensation with Auto ISO in Manual?
In reply to purpleray, 7 months ago

purpleray wrote:

Hi Tom

I think you are saying that the Em1 can do Exposure compensation on Manual and AutoISO. - that is the mechanics are now possible. From my point of view - GREAT!!!

Actually I am NOT saying that,  since I have no experience with or knowledge of the EM1.   I AM saying that a camera that DOES have AutoISO in Manual Mode SHOULD have EC ... to allow the user to deviate from the algorithm that relates ISO to EV.

I hope you are right and will test it out in the next couple of days.

Best idea!

I think you are also saying that the others are just saying it is not a good idea and that there are better ways of determining the best exposure.

Yes, some folks are wedded to the exposure triangle and end up doing what their camera tells them to do.  Not always the best idea, especially in challenging scenes.

I guess there are better ways than my guessing what the scene needs, comparing that with how I think the camera will meter the exposure, and then make my Exposure compensation based on these two evaluations which are only based on my experience.

Agree.

Mine is just what I think is right from my experience of camera and scenes. It is not based on great technical knowledge.

That is good, as long as you are guided by good fundamentals, which you seem to have.

Cheers

Ray

GeorgianBay1939's gear list:GeorgianBay1939's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ1000 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow