Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Mel Snyder
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,603Gear list
Like?
Lightroom for Mobile now available
5 months ago

It doesn't handle raw files, so I need to spend 30 days figuring out if there's any benefit for committing to $9.95 a month for the Adobe package that includes it. I must say its "auto-tone" is a godsend for someone with red-green colorblindness - it seems to have taken two shots in camera roll that I struggled to correct on desktop and even to my color-limiited eyes, got them near-perfect with a click:

The downside is that it is really VERY LR vernacular. On desktop, I don't want to clutter my hard drives with duplicates of my raw+jpegs in collections, but LR mobile is clearly designed for power users who will use it to its maximum synch capabilities. They do have some videos that demonstrate how to use the mobile app. It's not totally obvious.

Will I commit to the $9.95/month fee when the 30 day trial expires? Probably. The raw files generated by the A7 are read by my on-the-road editing favorite Photogene very differently than my NEX-6 raw files. But I'm learning how to correct them, and a quick test shows that LR Mobile can fix the Photogene-decoded A7 raw files very nicely.

I keep hoping Apple will introduce its long-awaited retina 12" MacBook Air, so I can run "real" LR on something small with a 10+ hour battery life. My 2010 "mistake" in replacing my 15" Thinkpad with an almost equally heavy 15" MacBook Pro needs to be reversed. I want 3 more hours of battery life than the current 13" Macbook Pro with retina screen delivers.

I just signed up a week ago for Office for the iPad, and that's a bummer for Mac users, because paying them $99 a year gets you NOT some new "Office 365 for Mac" as they implied, but just the same Office of Mac 2011 I already own. While PowerPoint for iPad handles imported Powerpoint presentations beautifully, it is very limited in its creative capabilities. Word for iPad seems nice, too.

Mel Snyder's gear list:Mel Snyder's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony Alpha 7 Sony E 16mm F2.8 Pancake Tokina AT-X Pro 11-16mm f/2.8 DX Leica Summicron-M 50mm f/2 +13 more
Sony Alpha 7 Sony Alpha NEX-6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow