ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
FJJ
FJJ
Forum MemberPosts: 90Gear list
Like?
Problems with generic radio trigger
4 months ago

I was having some problems using triggers last night during a studio session (fortunatley I was shooting still life so wasn't holding a model up!), my generic (i.e. any camera) Godox radio triggers weren't firing my strobes using my 6D.  The 'test' button on the transmitter was firing fine, and I popped the trigger on my Fujifilm body to test it and no issues there.

After several tries wiggling it, cleaning contacts etc. I popped it onto my 5DIII and same problem!  Pretty annoyed, I got an old school PC cord out of my bag and wired the strobe to the 5DIII - no luck.  I then got my Yongnuo TTL radio triggers out and they worked a charm (one transciever on the camera and one connected to the PC cord).

Is there a setting or something that stops the hotshoe / sync socket 'firing' if it doesn't detect a TTL strobe connected?

Was on M using ISO 100, 1/125 and f8 - so fairly standard settings.

Thanks,

FJJ

FJJ's gear list:FJJ's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark III Fujifilm X-E1 Canon EOS 6D Fujifilm X-T1 Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM +15 more
Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EOS 6D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow