Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
thxbb12
Senior MemberPosts: 1,751Gear list
Like?
Panasonic 12-32: looking for 100% crops (or full res images) at 12mm
6 months ago

I'm really fond of the small form factor and focal range of my Panasonic 12-32. I tend to mostly use it as a compact 12mm prime lens to shoot landscapes when I don't want to carry my "big" 12-40.

This being said, I'm not fully happy with its performance at 12mm. The center is always very sharp (even wide open), but the corners never sharpens up regardless of the aperture.

For the ones who own (or think they do) a good copy of the 12-32, can you post 100% crop of your corners at 12mm please? I'd like to know whether I have a bad copy of the lens or my expectations are simply too high. In comparison the 12-40 is extremely sharp anywhere in the frame, even the extreme corners straight from f2.8. I actually think it's the sharpest lens I own (besides the 75mm).

From the reviews I read online, it does seems like the 12-32 should be quite sharp across the frame at 12mm...

Thanks a lot!

thxbb12's gear list:thxbb12's gear list
Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Fujifilm XF 23mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 56mm F1.2 R
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow