Started 8 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
dpnaiba
Forum MemberPosts: 84Gear list
Like?
What flash should I get for the K5?
8 months ago

I still got the K5, also a little bit of LBA, with the 70mm Limited HD being the latest addition. But there are times when even the great low light capability is not enough, so I need to get a flash.

For now I need it mainly for indoor, kids party style of pics, in poorly lit homes of my friends. I suppose I need to bounce flash and stuff - so far improvised with small cigars packages mounted on the flash.

In the future I'd like to look into strobist / wireless stuff, so whatever I get now I'd like to not be totally useless later.

Based on basic features and looking to pay "not that much" I'd say I'm looking at either the Sigma EF-610 DG ST or the Metz 44 AF-1.

Am I missing something by buying any of these?

dpnaiba's gear list:dpnaiba's gear list
Pentax K-5 Pentax smc DA 50-200mm F4-5.6 ED Pentax smc DA 21mm F3.2 AL Limited Pentax smc DA 18-135mm F3.5-5.6ED AL [IF] DC WR Pentax smc DA 35mm F2.4 AL +3 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Pentax K-5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow