Sold my DSLR and just got GM1

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
Sergey_Green
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,871Gear list
Like?
I disagree with you here ..
In reply to Lumixdude, 5 months ago

Lumixdude wrote:

If you're talking in terms of full frame and what it can't do, Full Frame is not particularly brilliant for giving you options in terms of aperture when you're doing landscape photography, it's also not particularly brilliant when it comes to actually carrying around a camera as well.

I think it is very brilliant in terms of aperture options. Sometimes I even with I had a shallower depth, or I would not have to come up close to my subject for that shallow depth effect. Overall I see FF more like in the middle of the DoF range, rather than on one side only.

As for carrying it, I must say the feeling of it in hand, and what comes out after, is much worth having it on a good hike in the mountains. At least for me. Of course, I could have taken a small pocket-able compact, and be done with it, but then the trip would be kind of wasted.

That's just the way I see it. Lighter and smaller camera is nice, but the benefits of full format is just too much to ignore. Especially when it comes to aperture flexibility and with higher detail in the outcome.

-- hide signature --

- sergey

Sergey_Green's gear list:Sergey_Green's gear list
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
45mmNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow