why are "some" people so insulting and rude on this forum?

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
LeicaBOSS
Regular MemberPosts: 430Gear list
Like?
Swing and a miss
In reply to cosmonaut, 8 months ago

I am glad you enjoyed my corn flakes. Sadly, you may have a profound misunderstanding of the purpose of that thread, particularly as it was most pointedly directed at broad imaging conclusions drawn from test charts.

If one can demonstrate that a lens can draw a very good image in the worst of lighting and shooting conditions (I.e. in a dark closet with a single, crappy light source, of a not-quite planar subject, right in the shutter-shock zone)... How can one say this is irrelevant? One might be surprised that a much-maligned lens can render a rather convincing image in such a circumstance (but still mushy in the corners at 24mm).

Your dismissive (and exquisitely incorrect) assumptions about the concept and commentary are actually a wonderful example of the the behavior that this thread targets.

If we didn't know you had a heart of gold, one might see your comment as arrogant... incapable of recognizing the value in small pieces of the puzzle that various contributors bring.

(PS. I don't mind a few punches being thrown in forums, really no offense taken. Scarcasm and roasting are fair game in Jersey)

-- hide signature --

From time to time, I point my camera at the right things. This is generally when I forget everything I've learned.

LeicaBOSS's gear list:LeicaBOSS's gear list
Leica M9 Sony SLT-A77 Canon EOS M Sony Alpha 7R Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II +17 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
MikeNew
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow