Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ksraghavendra
New MemberPosts: 10
Like?
Views on Sony A3000
7 months ago

I am planning to buy an entry level mirrorless camera and liked the Sony A3000. I am looking for views from experienced members here.

What I liked about this camera the DSLRish grip, I need a wired remote which the multi accessory port seems to provide(earlier NEXs did not have this) and I have a few Canon lenses which I can use with this. I have an old Canon 1000D which I plan to replace, not keen in going for a DSLR again.

I am not sure about the following-
1) How is the exposure bracketing in this camera? The specs on Sony website are not clear and different sites give different information. Some say a firmware upgrade now allows 2 ev exposures. Can someone confirm this?
2) Does it work with Canon lenses with an adapter(sorry if that was naive but wanted to confirm)?
3) How is the video quality on this?
4) Any cons compared to Nex-3N which is closely priced other than compactness & flip screen?
5) How is the sensor quality? Is the 20.1 MP sensor same as A5000? No review of A3000 on Dpr.

Thanks in advance,
Raghav

Canon EOS 1000D (EOS Rebel XS / Kiss F Digital) Sony a5000 Sony Alpha DSLR-A300 Sony Alpha NEX-3N
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow