Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ss3walkman
New MemberPosts: 17
Like?
Which mirrorless camera to buy?
8 months ago

Summer of 2011 I took my kids from my Boys and Girls Club camping and I ended up losing my Nikon D5000. I've never thought to replace it but now I feel it's finally time to buy a new camera.

Money is somewhat tight. I have about $350 to spend so whatever camera I buy I'm sure it will be second hand (eBay or Craigslist). I like the mirrorless cameras and feel that would be better for me now. I'm really torn on what camera to buy. I narrowed it down to a few and would like to know your opinion of which to buy. A Sony Nex 3n or a Olympus Pen model (there's so many and I'm still trying to figure out which specific one; EP, EPL, EPM).

What's the best bang for my buck? I don't want a lesser camera just cause of the price, you know? I just honestly want a good camera. If a EP1 fly the job done and which I could find for $120 then that's great. Although the lesser price would be nice I don't want a cheap camera (less doesn't always have to mean cheap).

I'd basically be using the camera to take pics of my newly turned 3 year old at home and at play (loves running with a football), to take pics of all my sneakers for my flickr and Instagram, taking pictures of downtown Seattle at night (Go Hawks!) and things like spiders, bees, flowers and such (nature walks at the Boys and Girls Club) and other random field trips this summer.

I'm sure I'll be able to get other lenses shortly but not RIGHT now, so I need opinions based on equipped lenses for the camera (but feel free to provide lenses for future references if you'd like).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance,

Romelle

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow