Adzor
Forum MemberPosts: 58Gear list
Like?
Re: V1/V2 vs OM-D E-M10 (take 2) - Question
In reply to Photo Pete, 5 months ago

A summer swing. V1 1/2000th sec, f2

Photo Pete wrote:

ckar wrote:

Very nice Summary! This is also very timely as I am looking at EM10 as well. (I currently have a V1).

For Kids sports or general photography when they are running around in a park - do you think V1 would track better than EM10?

Thanks

Yes the Nikon would give a higher hit rate than the olympus, provided the light levels are good enough that the Nikon is using the PDAF system.

Kids running around in a park are one of the more erratic and complex subjects for AF to capture. (If you have ever tried tracking a child on a swing from directly in front you will know what I mean... the change in direction from forwards to backwards motion plays havoc with any AF system, including that of very good dSLRs)

The V1 is an excellent camera for photographing children during the day. Not so good for capturing them at indoor parties or in the evening where I think the superior ISO, CDAF system and flash options of the EM10 would win out.

-- hide signature --

Have Fun
Photo Pete

Thanks for lots of interesting info in this thread Pete. Sometimes best to jump to your comments and few others to avoid the long running tecno arguments. I'm quite happy with my V1 for family shots, so guess this one of my youngest daughter on a swing is is about as good as I can expect. It was a lot more difficult to get a sharp image at the top of the swing than the bottom. Good to know this is difficult even for the more experienced! As you say, lots of sunlight helps with the photos and keeps us smiling 😃.

Sorry, I still haven't worked out how to add exif data from iPad. 
Cheers...

Adzor's gear list:Adzor's gear list
Nikon 1 V1
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow