V1/V2 vs OM-D E-M10 (take 2)

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
dougjgreen1
Senior MemberPosts: 2,200Gear list
Like?
Re: Not to mention all those great fast M4/3 prime lenses
In reply to IVN, 6 months ago

IVN wrote:

So DPReview is not photography knowledgeable?

Correct.

The sensor is better, I'm not disputing that. What I'm saying is that the D5x00 series is mediocre at best. For me it doesn't really matter what sensor you put into a body like that.

The fact is, if I cared about the quality enough to put up with the size and weight, I'd get a D7100 because it's got several features that matter to me beyond what's in a D5200. But I'm not naive enough to believe that a skilled photographer wouldn't get the identical results on a D5200 as they can on a D7100. It's really a far better than mediocre camera. It's certainly more than capable of delivering results that are outside of the abilities of 99% of the photographers on this forum.

The fact is, nowadays,  95% of all interchangeable lens cameras currently for sale are more capable than 95% of the photographers who are using them.    I haven't seen any indication that either the D5200 or you are outside of those two vast majorities.    I know I don't claim to be.

dougjgreen1's gear list:dougjgreen1's gear list
Olympus Stylus XZ-10 Olympus PEN E-PL5 Nikon 1 V2 Olympus E-M1 Olympus Zuiko Digital 11-22mm 1:2.8-3.5 +11 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow