Anyone compared HX-400V with Nikon P600?

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
wb2trf
Senior MemberPosts: 1,496
Like?
Anyone compared HX-400V with Nikon P600?
8 months ago

I've been using the HX-100V for several years. I use it almost only for long zoom shots.  For anything under about 100mm, I use a Nex.

I have just bought the HX-400 after not purchasing the 200 or 300 because they didn't seem like enough of a step up.  I haven't yet decided to keep the HX-400.  After a little more time with it (it just arrived today) I'll post my observations here.

I was wondering if anyone had done any careful comparison to the Nikon P600 and could offer their comments.  I trying to decide if I need to try that camera.

Here is what I'm looking for.  I would like the 1200 or more zoom of either of these cameras over the HX-100's 810mm, provided that the IQ is at least as good or better.  I am also very sensitive to handling and speed issues as I shoot a lot of birds in flight where those characteristics are critical.  A few years ago I tried the Canon HX-50IS which had very nice IQ but blacked out the vf/lcd when shooting in high speed burst.  That was unacceptable to me.

Anyone have anything to share on this topic?

Nikon Coolpix P600
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow