A FastStone Image Viewer replacement for a Mac

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
honeyiscool
Contributing MemberPosts: 988Gear list
Like?
Re: A FastStone Image Viewer replacement for a Mac
In reply to Paul_R_H, 8 months ago

Paul_R_H wrote:

If you download the latest DigitalCamera Raw Update from Apple, your Mac will read the RAW files natively, and turn them to jpegs with cropping and basic exposure and colour adjustments, using the built-in Preview application. Use the free iPhoto for cataloguing, or Aperture for cataloguing and practically everything else except distortion and perspective adjustments. But Aperture isn't cheap so maybe try DxO which does have those adjustments and is more modern.

Paul

FrankS009 wrote:

XP is no longer supported after Tuesday at 6pm here, and I am shifting all my photography processing to my IMac. Presently I use FastStone Image Viewer For Windows which is a programme that I enjoy and use often.

What might be the Mac equivalent that deals well with GX7 files?

thanks

F.

-- hide signature --

"We shoot the things that move us in ways that will move others." David duChemin

DxO is $169, Aperture is $79. If you want distortion correction, DxO ViewPoint can be used inside Aperture.

Anyway, I suggest starting with iPhoto and if you like that basic setup, upgrade to Aperture.

honeyiscool's gear list:honeyiscool's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 Olympus E-PL7 Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow