V1/V2 vs OM-D E-M10 (take 2)

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Photo Pete
Senior MemberPosts: 1,596
Like?
Re: Do you actually own any of these cameras and lenses you are arguing about?
In reply to IVN, 3 months ago

Photo Pete wrote:

Do you actually have any images that demonstrate the importance of the shallow depth of field or the great quality improvement you say you get from Micro 4/3 over Nikon 1?

I'll be getting my E-M10 in a week or two. It takes quite a while to get camera gear in Serbia. And as soon as I get it, I'll demonstrate just what I'm talking about. E-M10 + PanaLeica 25mm vs V1 + 18.5mm.

Not much point in buying a system for a theoretical benefit if you don't make images which take advantage of it or are unable to take advantage of it through lack of skill or don't take advantage of it because you don't have the lenses which are needed.

That's largely the point of my thread. The differences between the V2 and OMD EM10 exist but are not that great. The difference in performance is greater than the difference in image quality.

Well that's what I don't believe you. Maybe the difference is not great if you compare kit zooms. But if you compare the N1 and the mFT cameras with lenses which are reasonable choices in each system. The difference in IQ is substantial.

But the difference in handling and the commitment of the manufacturers towards enthusiast features are far more significant than either.

-- hide signature --

Have Fun
Photo Pete

Agreed.

So you haven't actually got the cameras or lenses and haven't compared them yourself? Yet you argue one is better than the other?

I'm done with this line of discussion.
--
Have Fun
Photo Pete

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow