Ontario Gone
Senior MemberPosts: 3,511Gear list
Like?
Re: WOW what a game changer A7s
In reply to pew pew, 7 months ago

pew pew wrote:

osv wrote:

Ontario Gone wrote:

I mean it doesn't make sense to relase a 4k camera that can't record 4k in camera, and cant use the full sensor for 1080p in camera. It's literally a step backward unless you buy the recorder as well.

where did you come up with the claim that it "can't use the full sensor for 1080p in camera"?

-- hide signature --

dan

It records 1080 full sensor without line skipping, hes a m4/3 fanboy who comes to sony forum to troll when a new camera is released

Pew Pew if you don't like what im saying, you can put me on ignore. Please be civil and stop name calling. As for your question OSV, if you read my earlier posts, i referenced what IR said, that the reason the A7s doesn't record 4k in camera is because the processor is too slow, and because of heat issues. So if the camera is to use the entire sensor for 1080p, it will have to still record in 4k and then downsample before it saves it to memory.

My point was it doesn't make sense to claim that the act of downsampling 4k to 1080p would somehow solve the processing and heat issues, and having to downsample may actually require more processing. Line skipping or using a sensor crop would solve those issues. Less sensor used would produce less heat, and would eliminate the need to downsample. This is one of the issues of a huge sensor in a small camera, and it's becoming more and more known with these newer cameras.

Im not saying the IQ will be poor, it may well be super high 1080p resolution since it's a native signal with no downsampling, but using less sensor will compromise the FF advantage of ISO performance, line skipping can cause bad aliasing, and a sensor crop will make WA hard with FF lenses.

-- hide signature --

"Run to the light, Carol Anne. Run as fast as you can!"

Ontario Gone's gear list:Ontario Gone's gear list
Nikon D7000 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow