Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
munchmeister
Contributing MemberPosts: 964Gear list
Like?
Easing into FX from DX, crop modes, etc
3 months ago

I would like to move to the FX world from DX (D90) with a D610. I understand that the 610 will go automatically into "DX mode" when a DX lens is mounted on the 610. I fully understand the "crop" that will occur and I presume this will be the view seen in the viewfinder and in live view so that framing will be apparent. I have a couple of nice FX lenses, the Nikon 60mm f/2.8 macro and the older 80-200 f/2.8 ED lens. But I have some other DX only lenses such as the 35 f/1.8, and a Sigma 18-250 f/3.5-5.6 which is the walk around lens on my D90. The 24-85 is packaged with the 610 at a good "kit" price but I really want the 24-70 f/2.8, which could take me a long way into this FX adventure. Of course that is about $1300 more than the "kit" 24-85.

Any thoughts from DX to FX users easing into the transition using crop mode?

I have the money now so I would like to get the FX camera. Landscapes, macro & portraits. Not a speed shooter or video shooter. Print my own 13x19s with my trusty Epson R1800.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts you might care to share.

munchmeister's gear list:munchmeister's gear list
Nikon D90 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 60mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-Nikkor 80-200mm f/2.8D ED Sigma 18-250mm F3.5-6.3 DC Macro OS HSM +12 more
Nikon D610 Nikon D90
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow