why are "some" people so insulting and rude on this forum?

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
LifeIsAVerb
Contributing MemberPosts: 981
Like?
Re: why are "some" people so insulting and rude on this forum?
In reply to Rich Gibson, 5 months ago

Rich Gibson wrote:

LifeIsAVerb wrote:

Based on existing objective information, there's no reason to believe that all a7Rs wouldn't have this problem, if used under the conditions that magnify or exacerbate the effect.

When people get into spitting matches based on these kinds of lazy, general, blanket statements, then it quickly becomes about ego, and who is "right." Thread after thread is like this, and it makes the forum tedious and silly.

But your first statement is exactly that...blanket and general and lazy, especially when you don't even own the camera.

Even if lot of people experience this phenominon this doesn't substantiate your claim that everyone will.

Rich

Another problem is that different people can read a given block of text and interpret it in different ways, claiming the text says things it doesn't, and often making inferences and assumptions that cannot be reasonably supported by the text.

Please point out where i either said that "Everyone will [experience the phenomenon of shutter vibration]," or where such an inference could be reasonably made from anything i wrote.

Indeed, i explicitly said, "If one doesn't use the camera under these conditions, one isn't likely to encounter the problem."

And, it's not necessary to own an item to be able to have an understanding of its characteristics, so that's an irrelevant argument.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
MikeNew
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow