Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Auster Pilot
Contributing MemberPosts: 746Gear list
Like?
Advice on NX1100 for video
4 months ago

I'm very impressed with my little NX1100 having produced some excellent photos from my holiday and some decent quality video. The only issues really being that for video, wind sound was fairly horrendous. It automatically drops the audio volume in windy conditions - which is not always desired. I'd like some better control over that but I'm guessing there is no user override unless someone knows better.

To cover that issue I've invested in the Samsung Mic ED-EM10 (courtesy of another forum member on ebay) and I'll try that out soon.

The other issue I have is AF hunting, I can obviously set Focussing to manual, but I don't find it easy to control accurately for video - particularly if I am on the move, but the CAF that operates otherwise confuses me. Does anyone know what AF Area is used for Video CAF and is it possible to change the video AF areas in use. For example if I knew it was using centred AF point rather than central or multi area then I might be able to apply a bit better control.

Any other general tips on using this camera which is so much better than the NX100 at video I'd much appreciate it.

Thanks

-- hide signature --

Neil....
The Sky is a Beautiful Place

Auster Pilot's gear list:Auster Pilot's gear list
Samsung GX-10 Samsung NX100 Pentax K-01 Pentax K-30 Samsung NX1100 +1 more
Samsung NX100 Samsung NX1100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow