Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
trax87
Regular MemberPosts: 370
Like?
Lenses: NEX 6 vs m4/3
4 months ago

This is a question for those familiar with both the NEX system and micro 4/3.

I posted recently in the Sony forum asking for information about several lenses as possible replacements for the 16-50 power zoom kit that came with my NEX 6. After doing so, it seems that the 16-70 Zeiss is probably the best option for me, but at $1000 with mixed reviews I have started thinking longer term about the system and lens options and whether I might want to consider an m4/3 system instead of upgrading the lens for my NEX. I thought I would post here and get some thoughts on the m4/3 lenses.

I realize there are many more native options for m4/3 than there are for the Sony, but specifically, I was wondering about the quality vs. price ratio. Ultimately, I would want a good zoom for everyday use, a tele-zoom (at least as good as, but preferably somewhat better quality than the Sony 55-210), a fast prime lens for low light use, a wide angle and a good macro lens. The first three would be the initial purchases.

For the NEX, I would be comparing the 16-70z, 55-210, 35/1.8, either 10-18 or 16mm with ultra wide adapter (for a cheaper kit) and ? (IMO, there really isn't a good macro length for the NEX).

What would the most often recommended competing lenses be in the m4/3 platform. In your opinion, is there a significant enough quality difference (if any) to make it worth considering a platform switch?

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow